Saturday, August 31, 2013


So I was driving the mini-van (which, incidentally, isn't as horrid as you would think) down the road, allowing my mind to wander as the road meandered about, and I realized that for the rest of my days, my numbers are off.

I have three children.  I have one husband.  I have myself.  That's five for you non-math whiz kids out there.  Five is an awkward number.  Can't have five in one hotel room (unless you get the roll away bed...do they make those anymore?)  Only two of the three can eat for free on kids-eat-free night (unless we bring a stranger in to the restaurant and pay for their dinner, which seems both unwise and expensive). 

One may be the loneliest number that you'll ever do, but five will drive you crazy if you let it, just ask Dolly Parton.

1 comment:

  1. Add a few more kids and you'll break the fire code at hotels, plus you'll have to buy a suburban!

    ReplyDelete